I read someone's livejournal post today about being a carnivore after 10 years as a vegetarian and I got so confused reading the hundreds of comments on the issue. There were comments from other meat eaters saying "YA, meat is for DINNER MAN, HAHA" and silly vegetarians saying "You are not my friend anymore WAH WAH".
So, I am asking for your honest thoughts on the topic. Post anonymously if you fear for your own sanity, or don't feel like being potentially attacked by someone who doesn't share your viewpoint. Because you all know my stance, I won't be commenting or defending my lifestyle choices here, this is all about me learning from you.
Here is what I would like to know:
1. Are you vegetarian or carnivorous?
2. Do you think that you can still be a VEGEtarian and eat fish? How about eggs?
3. Why do you think it is that this topic makes everyone so mad?
4. If you are vegetarian, do you find it difficult to think of meat eaters as compassionate people?
5. If you are a carnivore, do you think your vegetarian friends are freaks?
6. If you are vegetarian, do you purchase leather goods? How about bath/'body products, do you check for vivisection?
7. Are you vegan? How long have you been vegan? Do your doctors tell you that you are unhealthy for your choice?
8. Are you one of those carnivores that doesn't eat "cute" animals?
9. If you are a vegetarian/vegan what is your primary reason for adopting the lifestyle? Health? animal cruelty?
10. if you are a carnivore, explain why you have no problem eating animals.(the subject most vegetarians I know would like insight on)
11. Peta is a little crazy, we know this. Please don't think all vegetarians are PETA. BUT! If you are vegetarian, do you donate to PETA?
12. If you are a carnivore, do you hunt? Do you eat what you kill?
13. are you a 7th level vegan?
Answer one, answer all, but thanks for any insight! <3